VERY IMPORTANT (PLEASE READ)- COVID POLICIES AND GUIDELINES:
- FACE MASKS ARE MANDATORY FOR ALL ADULTS ENTERING THE BUILDING/STUDIO. Students are strongly encouraged to wear masks as well (let me know if your child needs to be exempted).
- If you or anyone in your household has any symptoms of illness regarding of cause, lessons must be converted online for that day and as long as necessary. Please stay home even if you think symptoms are not COVID-related.
- If you or anyone in your household test positive for COVID -19, you must notify me immediately. This is to ensure the safety of all individuals who visit and work at CMA. Lessons will be held online until it is determined safe to resume face to face.
- If you suspect you or a member of your household have been exposed to COVID-19, please notify me to arrange online lessons.
- I reserve the right to refuse a lesson to anyone who arrives at the studio exhibiting symptoms of illness of any kind.
- My new studio includes one piano and a Clavinova (digital piano), so I will teach from the Clavinova. I am also planning to have my own materials at ALL times, and use my computer for note writing. Students (if ready), will learn to do so on their own and also open their own books, and look for their own materials. Notes will continue to be sent via email through my music staff the way we have done for online lessons
- No food is allowed in the studio and waiting areas until further notice. Students can bring their own water bottles (water only please). There is a water fountain by the restrooms in the building (on the 1st floor). EVERYONE (including myself) will have to eat or drink outside or in the car if completely necessary to do so.
TUITION AND FEES, effective September 1, 2021
- 30-minute lessons: $119/month
- 45-minute lessons: $175/month
- Individual lesson/consultation: $40/half hour (Fee may be included in overall tuition payment when enrolling)
OUR PIANO PROGRAM IS A YEAR-ROUND PROGRAM, FROM SEPTEMBER THROUGH AUGUST. IT INCLUDES:
40 private lessons (Lesson can be in-person at the Montgomery studio, or online)
2 studio recitals (October 30, and May 13). If either or both scheduled in-person recitals is not possible, a Zoom party watch will be scheduled.
Access to the Supersonics Piano app (to view, download, and/or print music). This is a great resource!
A more detailed (visual) calendar with lessons and events information is also on my website under CALENDAR and/or IMPORTANT DATES
OUR PIANO PROGRAM DOESN’T INCLUDE
- Piano Materials/Music, Notebooks
- Metronome: All students need to purchase a metronome to bring to the lesson (if young), or download the app: Pro Metronome (if owning a cellphone or tablet)
- Registration Fees for events that are optional, including (but not limited to) Assessment Programs, Masquerade Musicale, Junior Music Festival, etc.
- Ensemble Recital Fee (per family, per piece) $35. This is a very nice event where our students get to play with their siblings, and two professional musicians (a bass player, and a drummer). It is a favorite event! This year it will be on February 12. If a family can't attend, a fee won't be charged. Due to logistics, this recital may not be available to students enrolling in the studio on or after September 1st, 2021.
Three recital opportunities are scheduled for the 2021-2022 school year (a Halloween Recital on October 30, an Ensemble Recital on February 12, and a Spring Recital on May 13). More details can be found in the studio’s 2020-2021 calendar, and more information will be sent to families when we get closer to the dates of the events.
I fully understand that sometimes schedule conflicts can occur due to unforeseen circumstances including but not limited to illness, school and sports events, vacations, or personal holidays. In these cases, a cancellation notice is expected at least 24 hours in advance. Sufficient notice may allow you to reschedule your lesson, but rescheduling is not guaranteed due to outside conflicts. Lessons may be rescheduled when minimal notice is given in extreme situations such as critical illness and family emergencies. During the summer months, I am able to be more flexible in making up lessons. Lessons canceled by Eliana will be rescheduled. Please note that notification by the student of a missed lesson does not exclude payment for the lessons. All lessons must be paid for whether taken or missed
LESSON FEES ARE ANNUALIZED AND DIVIDED INTO TWELVE EQUAL PAYMENTS
All monthly fees will be automatically withdrawn from the credit card/debit card on file on the 1 st calendar day of each month (using the software: My Music Staff). Families are welcome to keep paying by check, but only through an automatic bank draft set up where payments are sent automatically before the 1 st of the month. Payments should be mailed to Eliana Corredor, 7800 Cooper Rd, Suite L8, Cincinnati, OH 45242. Annual tuition is based on 40 private lessons and 2 recital opportunities, for a total of 42 meetings. Monthly fees are due every month, regardless of the number of lessons on a given month (during some months students will receive 3 lessons, during other months they will receive 4 lessons; be reassured that ALL students in all 7 days of the week have 40 lessons scheduled during the calendar year). A $25 late fee will be assessed for payments that do not have enough funds or are denied by the bank. NO email reminder will be sent before the first of the month anymore. If extra fees are due (like if a student is participating at an event/outside of the studio recital, musical materials were bought for the student by Eliana, or if a student is taking a piano assessment), fees can be added as a charge to the family's account, but it can also be brought to the studio (check or cash) or sent via PayPal, Zelle, Venmo, etc., at your earliest convenience
Tuition is still due by the 1 st of the month even if you do not have a meeting on that month or the 1 st falls during a holiday break
PIANO LESSONS RUN YEAR-ROUND (SUMMER LESSONS ARE INCLUDED IN THE YEARLY CALENDAR)
Those who continue their musical studies in the summer experience less frustration and improve more quickly than students who take a break. All students are expected to continue lessons over the summer. 9 lessons will be scheduled during the summer months (please be aware that this means the students may only have 3 lessons per month and monthly payment is expected to be the same)
PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT AND SUPPORT
Up to an age determined by the individual needs of each student, parental involvement in home practice is very important. Creating a structure that ensures that practice time is calm, focused, and consistent is the best way to help your child overcome any frustrations that may arise. It is recommended that 30-minute students practice 20 minutes 6 times a week, and 45-minute students at least 30 minutes 6 times a week.
TERMINATION OF SCHEDULED LESSONS
It is not unusual for students to have conflicts and need to make a choice among their many activities. Students choosing to discontinue lessons are required to give at least a 30-day notice.
Phone: (513) 652-6267 (cell/text) Website: www.montgomerymusicstudio.com
Mailing address: Montgomery Music Studio/ Attn: Eliana Corredor, 7800 Cooper Rd., Suite L8 / Cincinnati OH 45242